TES Skyrim SE 0.372

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.372

ENBSeries wrote:Anubis
Interiors mostly dont have sun, so can't capture time from sun direction. You should use helper plugin for that.

But... it was working some time ago. And I am using helper plugin. (or is there any "special" helper plugin just for that ?)

*sensei*

Boris,

Does the ENB specular fix you introduced in v0.370 (originally from this mod) require EnableSkinSpecular to be on in order to work, or is that a completely separate setting?

EDIT: Thanks for clarifying.
Last edited by Phinix on 13 Feb 2019, 01:12, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I dont know how to explain, because don't know what you asking.

Anubis
NightDayFactor is for interiors statistics.

Phinix
It do not require anything, work as patch in [FIX] category.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ok,... i found out what is going on with Dod numbers when in interior.

After testing, I can confirm that the last version with working interior Dod under Statistics is v 0.370
(Tested in Breezehome)

After that (versions 0.371, 0.372 - Statistics shows interior Dod factor 0.00 for every time of the day)
Since v 0.371 Statistics window has changed also. That is the version where multiple weather support was added.
I think that messed up Dod detection in interiors somehow.

Anubis wrote:Ok,... i found out what is going on with Dod numbers when in interior.

After testing, I can confirm that the last version with working interior Dod under Statistics is v 0.370
(Tested in Breezehome)

After that (versions 0.371, 0.372 - Statistics shows interior Dod factor 0.00 for every time of the day)
Since v 0.371 Statistics window has changed also. That is the version where multiple weather support was added.
I think that messed up Dod detection in interiors somehow.
Can you make sure enb helper time of day is correct in that interior? (type "tehs" in console, itll be a float value of 0-24)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Anubis
I gave you an answer already. Time of the day statistics set to zero for interiors starting from 0.371, because interiors do not use dawn, sunrise, day, sunset, dusk and night. Instead, they use two other parameters interiorday and interiornight. If you insist, i can add new two parameters for interior only, but this not change anything, because daynight is already in statistic.

*sensei*

aers wrote:Can you make sure enb helper time of day is correct in that interior? (type "tehs" in console, itll be a float value of 0-24)
I tested with "tehs" every 1 hour for an entire 24 hour period and the value is correct at all times.

I also tested the values ENB shows in the Statistics section, and noticed that while it does indeed show the 0 for all TOD values for all times, and Night-day does always show 1 regardless of being night or day, this appears to be only a visual display bug.

https://i.imgur.com/6AB0rnD.jpg

If you edit the actual setting values for night at night it works and day works for day. Adjusting day values at night will have no effect, as expected, etc. At least for me and for values I tested like Ambient Light and any enbeffect.fx shaders that use TOD.

EDIT: Something I did notice is that since interiors do not have dawn/dusk sunrise/sunset the values for day and night are interpolated internally. So, adjusting night setting at 10am has a fractional impact on the output, but not as much as day settings, since it is more day than night at that point.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I did a comparing picture:

EDIT: file deleted

Before 0.371 interior Dod factor could be not only 0 or 1 but also for example 0.40 and 0.60 (houses)
What it means is that interior value is not just day or night - sometimes when it is somwhere between day and night, both day and night settings have effect. And this is important to know when editing, because it is better to edit when time is set either to day or night (by using "Wait") There are also dungeons that use only day or only night settings. Quick view to Dod factor helps a lot, instead of trying which setting has an effect. "Game Time" is not so easy to quicly view - there is the need to think and calculate every time is it a day or night or something in between ?

*sensei*

Anubis:

It still works that way (see my previous post) but when the helper mod is installed it uses the Game time value from that instead. 12 is fully day, 0 is fully night (or whatever your TOD values say) and the mod internally interpolates interior night/day values based on what ratio of day to night the current time is, just like before.

If Boris wants to have the old TOD values still output as before that's cool, but just so you know the actual function is still exactly the same.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Phinix wrote:Anubis:

It still works that way (see my previous post) but when the helper mod is installed it uses the Game time value from that instead. 12 is fully day, 0 is fully night (or whatever your TOD values say) and the mod internally interpolates interior night/day values based on what ratio of day to night the current time is, just like before.

If Boris wants to have the old TOD values still output as before that's cool, but just so you know the actual function is still exactly the same.
All i did while testing, was changing between d3d11.dll files. I did not uninstall helper mod when testing with v 0.370.
Helper mod was installed in all cases.

Actual function may be the same, but usability is harder with new versions.
Last edited by Anubis on 13 Feb 2019, 03:53, edited 1 time in total.