TES Skyrim 0.413

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.413

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Right now effect reflecting image from screen, but maybe in future i'll use cubemap for everything around, just need time to invest in such thing (but at cost of performance). This depends of how useful this feature is.
It just read texture map, without multiplying specular amount as constant from material properties of the mesh (but now as you mentioned it, maybe worth to change this, i dont remember actual math in shaders, need to check).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

One more thing, in LE there is no specular effect for the landscape, so these textures don't have the specular map or it's white.

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Black by default.

Hi Boris great effect.

Just noticed if the scene is dark the reflection on the grass kinda looks strange. If you look closely as the grass you can see. Don't think this is a problem most of the time, just for dark grass/scene.

https://gyazo.com/0840152f441d4f1c70a66b28e7f8277a

Edit: I understand that this is probably just a limitation/side effect of screen space effects :). Still nice to have it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Many grasses in the game do not have normal maps, so normal is basically just planar. I have no idea how to make this work better. In the past thought about generating normal from alpha channel, but it's costly (and bugs reduced only if performance loss is greater) while grass is a thing which need high performance. Dunno, maybe worth to add some option to have this slow computation, but it not gonna solve issue completely, just make distortion somewhere, centers of grass blades will stay flat.

Here to add some more detail to my issues. The effect is wonderful by all means.
But if it is possible to separate the grass values or just removed the wetness from grasses. But idk how it really works on your end Borris. In terms of making these edits. I don't get the bug too much myself. I only get it if looking downwards. To make it really prominent of a bug I have to push my FOV to 70+ in order to have the wetness effect show more. The difference for me is that I play with brighter ambient lighting in my ENB preset. Grass parameters for grass ambient is also set to match each weather. so this and me playing the game with a field of view of 60 makes the effect only show up for me if I look down and have a bright object behind the grass in the background. It doesnt show up too much for me other than me doing that.

I hope you dont removed the effect. It is really nice. Maybe there is a way you can make it so that in the grass parameters you can control grass reflections from normal maps. But again I wouldn't truly understnad how possible that is for you. I assume you could find a way to make the separation between the two or flat out just remove the wetness effect from only grasses in some way. Like how you did for bodies specular.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Voicing support to keep the wet effect as I really like it! Been playing with it a lot and working on values. Pretty cool effect.