TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim

As always, great shots everybody :)

Momo -- You are posting better and better images :) Can you tell me, what mods you are using for the Draugr race ?

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

@ guzio : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66 ... 6026&pUp=1 ;)

enb 2015_09_13 16_05_52_70.jpg
enb 2015_09_13 16_14_01_63.jpg
enb 2015_09_13 16_27_52_87.jpg
enb 2015_09_13 23_01_40_95.jpg
enb 2015_09_13 23_07_18_87.jpg

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Momo -- Thank you kindly :)

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

Why are there so few dragon re-texture mods? You would think with it being the main baddie in the game there would be dozens?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Better question: Why isn't the best dragon retex not available anymore?
Answer: Because they banned Frozunswaidon because of silly reasons and dumb Nexus mods.

To answer your question: they are the biggest animals and a lot of work, even in 8192x40966 a lot of parts are very stretched and blurry

Just such a shame really, some people pour their heart and soul in to making Skyrim look so good, (i.e. someone called Pfuscher) I know it's a lot of work, the vanilla ones look nice to a point surprised people haven't really made them HD... I still think a lot of vanilla stuff looks great just needs that HD touch. But I guess Skyrim is on the sliding slope these days...

Pfuscher wrote:Better question: Why isn't the best dragon retex not available anymore?
Answer: Because they banned Frozunswaidon because of silly reasons and dumb Nexus mods.

To answer your question: they are the biggest animals and a lot of work, even in 8192x40966 a lot of parts are very stretched and blurry
While it's true that dragons would benefit from a larger sized texture, most people's games can't really handle it. Sure, you have the few people (like some here) with massive rigs, but the majority of people playing Skyrim have modest setups. 4K is really the max for most people, even for the largest objects.

I wouldn't blame Nexus for that one, it's not like they really had a choice. Selling textures that you did not create is a sure way to get yourself banned.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Gamwich wrote:I wouldn't blame Nexus for that one, it's not like they really had a choice. Selling textures that you did not create is a sure way to get yourself banned.
If I remember correctly, the issue wasn't actually related to selling the mod at all. In his landscape retexture there were a couple (as in 2 or 3) small textures that were taken from a source that he didn't have permission for redistribution because he hadn't bought the texture. Someone made a big stink to the moderators and they banned him. That's the long and short of it. I could be wrong though, so I'm willing to be corrected. The mass removal of all his packs and his ban without any warning of any sort is a little extreme. Remove the problematic mod, issue a formal warning and that's that. The Nexus is a little ban happy but whatever.

Jafin16 wrote:
Gamwich wrote:I wouldn't blame Nexus for that one, it's not like they really had a choice. Selling textures that you did not create is a sure way to get yourself banned.
If I remember correctly, the issue wasn't actually related to selling the mod at all. In his landscape retexture there were a couple (as in 2 or 3) small textures that were taken from a source that he didn't have permission for redistribution because he hadn't bought the texture. Someone made a big stink to the moderators and they banned him. That's the long and short of it. I could be wrong though, so I'm willing to be corrected. The mass removal of all his packs and his ban without any warning of any sort is a little extreme. Remove the problematic mod, issue a formal warning and that's that. The Nexus is a little ban happy but whatever.
It was more than "2 or 3" textures, and the selling of them was a factor. Remember, his landscapes textures were part of the Steam mods for sale failed experiment. Not crediting the sources is bad enough, but trying to profit from textures that you didn't create is certain to get you banned.

If you're interested, this link documents the textures involved: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/ ... on-banned/

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oh ok. Well, fair enough then. I didn't remember correctly :)