TES Skyrim SE 0.310

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.310

Great work mate and thank you.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

*sensei*

Thank you Boris for the DNI separation. The night and dungeon looks great now.
I don't know why SkyrimSE engine would go down to 30fps when iVsyncPresentInterval was 1. I set it to 0 and forced vSync from the driver, and I'm getting silky smooth 60fps everywhere even at 1440p.
http://imgur.com/M63mFKj
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

iVsyncPresentInterval=1 should mean that one vsync frame is skipped, so for 60 hz displays it's 30. Of course if iVsyncPresentInterval is exactly what i think.

Awesome new updates, thanks a bunch

I've locked my monitor on 60hz (usually 120hz) due to some issue with Fallout 4 performance, but I am using iVsyncpresentinterval at 1 and I have 60fps, unlike F4 which gives me 30fps. Maybe they look up monitor info now?

*master*

Not strictly related to ENB, but I thought I should probably note that SE's screen-space reflections have their parameters in the Skyrim INI files. You can modify them in-game with these commands.

Code: Select all

setini "fClampScale:Display"                0.4000
setini "fReflectionsIntensityScale:Display" 0.8000
setini "fAlphaWeight:Display"               1.0000
setini "bProjectileOnReflection:Display"    0
setini "fReflectionRayThickness:Display"    0.0010
setini "fReflectionMarchingRadius:Display"  0.4000
setini "fSpecMaskSpan:Display"              0.0000
setini "fSpecMaskBegin:Display"             0.1000
It's somewhat easier to edit them if you put this set into a file and execute it from the console with "bat filename", as unlike Fallout 4, SSE doesn't let you paste text into the console.

You can see that there are some useful parameters here. fClampScale seems to just be a straight cap on how bright reflections can be. Intensity scale adjusts their brightness as a whole. fAlphaWeight makes particles and effects like flames reflect stronger. You can change the parameters for how the specular is masked out, though the span parameter seems kind of arbitrary. Changing the ray thickness and marching radius allows them to reflect more than just things directly above or below and increasing them has a big difference. (I think you should probably keep rays to 0.01 and radius to 1.0 at most.)

Unfortunately, they're still quite blurry and nowhere near as sharp as the ones ENB added to non-SE or some other games' implementations. Although, that might be controlled by a setting I missed...

*master*

roxahris wrote:Not strictly related to ENB, but I thought I should probably note that SE's screen-space reflections have their parameters in the Skyrim INI files. You can modify them in-game with these commands.

Code: Select all

setini "fClampScale:Display"                0.4000
setini "fReflectionsIntensityScale:Display" 0.8000
setini "fAlphaWeight:Display"               1.0000
setini "bProjectileOnReflection:Display"    0
setini "fReflectionRayThickness:Display"    0.0010
setini "fReflectionMarchingRadius:Display"  0.4000
setini "fSpecMaskSpan:Display"              0.0000
setini "fSpecMaskBegin:Display"             0.1000
It's somewhat easier to edit them if you put this set into a file and execute it from the console with "bat filename", as unlike Fallout 4, SSE doesn't let you paste text into the console.

You can see that there are some useful parameters here. fClampScale seems to just be a straight cap on how bright reflections can be. Intensity scale adjusts their brightness as a whole. fAlphaWeight makes particles and effects like flames reflect stronger. You can change the parameters for how the specular is masked out, though the span parameter seems kind of arbitrary. Changing the ray thickness and marching radius allows them to reflect more than just things directly above or below and increasing them has a big difference. (I think you should probably keep rays to 0.01 and radius to 1.0 at most.)

Unfortunately, they're still quite blurry and nowhere near as sharp as the ones ENB added to non-SE or some other games' implementations. Although, that might be controlled by a setting I missed...
Try adjusting iReflectResolutionDivider in SkyrimPrefs to 1 (will give an fps hit)

If you type all the command in the console all at once (by commenting out the end of each) you should be able to just press the UP button on Dpad to bring it up again so you can change them again without mucking around with bats. But you have to do this everytime you start the game.

I done this with some commands before and it worked, i'll see if it can work in SSE too

Edit: That trick didn't work, forget how that goes... Can still use UP button to cycle through previous commands however.

I just tried out the NVIDIA ENB from Nexus, I am seeing some issue with adaption (see ss link below) but I am not sure if issue is to do with him using Reshade for some color correction and DoF. It can be seen that the screen grows darker on one point, but grows brighter on other points, sometimes within pixels distance. Wanted to upload this here in case it can help to debug.

Pictures here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o9btpmy3qqc4 ... UK1na?dl=0

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Not a single issue for now on my side.
Thanx again, Boris.
Just to know, what are the next development steps on your side ?
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop