TES Skyrim 0.212

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.212

Phinix wrote:Yes Kalex, that is what I mean: It is the setting called AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=true in enblocal.ini, where you then set the resolution in SkyrimPrefs.ini.

When I try setting it to 2880x1620, Skyrim tells me:
Failed to initialize the renderer.
Your display doesn't support the selected resolution. Please set a different
resolution in Skyrim's Launcher under 'Display Settings'.
Only there is no other option in the launcher beyond 1920x1080 or 3840x2160. Odd that 3840x2160 works though...

I am guessing my monitor is just not capable.
What type of card? I have nvidia and I had to add custom rsolutions (to the drivers and then add the one I wanted to the skyrimpref.ini file) and enable them before I could do that. I added 2560 x 1440 (my native is 1920 x 1080) and that worked fine - I got a slightly better performance using the ENB version over the hardware. Check out this page: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509076 for AMD try: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472941

Back on topic - download 212 and will be giving it a good test run shortly and will post details. I gave it a quick one before work this morning and it worked fine without any issues but will push it more tonight.

that happens when the monitor doesn't support the resolution, I switch between two screens with different resolutions so I see that often, whenever I forget to change the .ini :D

Phinix wrote:Yes Kalex, that is what I mean: It is the setting called AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=true in enblocal.ini, where you then set the resolution in SkyrimPrefs.ini.
[...]
I am guessing my monitor is just not capable.
If you have Nvidia Hardware you could also just try to use Downsampling instead.
Just go to the Nvidia Control Panel -> Change Resolution -> Customized Resolution -> Create one with 2880x1620 (or anything else you want to try, should be a multiple of 1920x1080 I think). Just leave the timings on Automatic. If your resolutions don't work, try lowering the monitor frequency, if you want to. But better not overdrive it. :)

Rexawl wrote:I have some strange picture related issue.
If comparing v.199 and v.211-212 (i guess all v.200+):
v.199 - everything is good
http://i.imgur.com/VgbN6Z1.jpg
v.211 - yellow light tint all over the screen
http://i.imgur.com/n6ZRVhi.jpg
v.199 - everything is good
http://i.imgur.com/PgRqXu4.jpg
v.211 - yellow light tint all over the screen
http://i.imgur.com/dBkLAOu.jpg

During screenshots takes, no mods, INI, etc. changes. Only switching *.DLLs and adding enbhost.exe in the case with v.211.
What could it be?
I guess it could also be related to my problem with v.210 when I was having dull, and still having by the way.
Bad drivers from NVIDIA? Some shit mod making this? I'm out of clues. I got back Skyrim inis to default, deleted lighting related mods, fully reinstalled Skyrim.
I can't start the new game, and i am not even sure it could help.
I so much want to use the new ENBs because of the memory code, but I have this strange problems that almost anyone has and it forces me to give up.

Maybe you are using a custom preset like Kountervibe ENB 0.199 which I happen to use with 0.209, and you forgot to add some values to enblocal.ini. Because many settings were moved from enbseries.ini to enblocal.ini.
I had the same problem than you my game was not looking as intended and when I opened the enblocal.ini I noticed that there were the value from the following "[FIX] [CAMERAFX] [SKYLIGHTING] [ENVIRONMENT] [PARTICLE] [RAYS] [IMAGEBASEDLIGHTING] [SKY]" I just copied the values in enblocal.ini and it worked wonderfully :D
Hope it will work for you.
Aminados wrote:I want to report a bug on 0.211, sometimes the parallax textures stop working, and they later start to work again by it self.

You may need to do what I explained to Rexhaul, or you can add FixParallaxBugs=true in your enblocal.ini under [FIX]

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hi Boris

Feedback on V0.212 (first chance I've had to test due to work :cry:)

Really like new AA options - HD textures both distant and close up look more detailed and cleaner, distant mountains look really sharp (shame it doesn't help with Z fighting though!!) and specular AA helps too especially tops of SMIM bridges seen at a distance . All in all my Skyrim is looking better than ever!! Nice to see some graphic improvements again BTW.

Only request I have re AA would be to improve edge AA or have some quality options - tested Skyrim with hardware MSAA again - forgot how clean edges are with it v SMAA/ENB edge AA, FXAA is too soft - I like your TXAA most of the time but causes some bluring of weapons in first person for me.

No freezes or crashes.

Just one slight problem I'm have with 0.212 v 0.209-0.211 I'm getting stutter in 180 degree turns half a second or so, disappears when you carry on turning after 180, but walk for forward for a while and do another 180 turn and its there again - any way to counter this as it didn't happen on last few versions - not a big deal but would be good to sort or have an option to toggle memory section responsible.
EDIT: Mostly fixed by increasing VideoMemorySizeMb.

Thanks for a superb update again!
Last edited by electricsheep26354 on 28 Aug 2013, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

i7 11700k @5.2GHz
RTX 4080
32gb DDR4 RAM C16
WDBlack 2TB Gen 4 NVMEe SSD
Over 100TB of additional storage

my Flickr
my videos

Phinix
Just wondering? Have you gone into NVIDIA Control Panel and tried to set up a customized resolution. I'm using a MSI GTX 660 and I have been able to set all the following:
2752x1548
2624x1476
2048x1152
and so on.. Set up every 16:9 resolution I could use. Thus I have a wide variety to choose from for testing.
I have the HDMI output from my video card going to an HDMI input on my Onkyo A/V receiver then out to my 32' Vizio TV. Works great...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENB's supersampling only works with whole multiples of your desktop resolution. So if you want the game to run at 2880x1620 you need to first reduce your desktop size via your graphics control panel to 1440x810 and then enable supersampling in ENB. Boris has written about this somewhere. Well, about the whole number multiplication at least.

You could also supersample the desktop via for instance Nvidia Control Panel. Or use SRWE to fit an image of any size to (a portion of) your desktop. Lots of options.

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

Wholfen wrote:Phinix
Just wondering? Have you gone into NVIDIA Control Panel and tried to set up a customized resolution. I'm using a MSI GTX 660 and I have been able to set all the following:
2752x1548
2624x1476
2048x1152
and so on.. Set up every 16:9 resolution I could use. Thus I have a wide variety to choose from for testing.
I have the HDMI output from my video card going to an HDMI input on my Onkyo A/V receiver then out to my 32' Vizio TV. Works great...
The variety of usable resolution does extremely depend on your monitor, if those resolutions work on your TV, wow, it must be a really good one.
For most monitors however it won't work so easily.

Most people really should try to use a good multiplicator like 1.25 , 1.5 , 2 etc.
(1920x1080 * 1.25 = 2400x1350 (said to cause blurry image, not tested, 1920x1080 * 1,5 = 2880x1620, 1920x*1080 * 2 = 3840x2160 etc)

Going back to my problem, does anyone have another idea to my problem stated here in this thread?

midhras wrote:You could also supersample the desktop via for instance Nvidia Control Panel.
Thats actually called Downsampling and should called this way, as supersampling only seems to be a category nowadays..

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TehKaoZ
Ropes and fences can't be antialiased, except temporal antialiasing or supersampling (for thin objects fxaa/smaa not work). Subpixel aa work only inside object, not on it's edges, with it i only can do such objects better when they use alpha blending via transparency instead of alpha testing, all alpha testing objects will look just more thick at the distance if apply to them. Make them antialiased is possible, but it's a huge risk to have artifacts on edges when objects "intersecting" by depth.

KuroTenshi
Reflection have nothing to do with current version, it's specular modified.

Kalex
All tests were posted in this forum category as attachments to my posts.

Phinix
This is how supersampling work now, if you want it lower, decrease monitor resolution. Scaling to non x2 impossible as it simply not look properly with hardware downscaling via bilinear filtering. Supersampling is not first place in todo list, so i'm not planning soon to make it any resolution.
"Level up" is unknown to me as i never tried very high resolutions, may be it's one of the mods or game itself? Scripters forgot something.

Rexawl
No changes to graphics were done between those versions. I'll try to compare myself if you say at which conditions this occur.

CorvoAttano77
SubpixelA not require deffered, but it require game to be restarted.

electricsheep26354
Stuttering at rotation means that old unused resources unloaded from video memory and they unloading only when fps is very low or when not enough free video memory left, so it's correct behavior and you just trying to push too much data in to video memory.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I had a pretty long run last night (played for a couple hours or so) and had very good results. Aliasing on mountains seems to have disappeared now (it was really bothering me recently) which is great. I was watching for the subpixelAA but didn't do any specific tests to compare with and without. It SEEMED to work so that's a good sign but at the same time since I wasn't really trying to look for it, it may have just been a placebo effect. I'll do a bit more serious testing today and see if I can give more solid resuls. Initial results seem positive.

I noticed a little bit of increased stutter when doing a 360 but after the first 360 it seemed to be fine, so I've obviously just trying to push too much data into VRAM too fast. Performance overall seemed comparable to 0.211. I also didn't notice a real performance hit with the new AA measures. Lost a couple frames occasionally (2 or 3) but for the most part it stayed pretty stable at 50-60 inside and 35-45 outside.

Overall looks like a good update. I'll look more closely for the subpixelAA and run a performance test too.

As a sidenote, as I think DigitialPrinceX mentioned, it would be nice to see some improvements to EdgeAA or quality options. As he also said, TAA seems to work in most situations but EdgeAA improvements would be nice to cover some of those other little things if it's possible at all. Ok, I'm off to play-test for awhile.

Thanks Boris!