TES Skyrim 0.182

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.182

DigitalPrinceX
I can't buy two pc (or anything at all), because don't have place to live, it's very boring to move my current rig once or twice per year.

Bronze316
I'm using virtual machine for i-net, but i need real hardware acceleration and at full performance, modding is only last half year is no1 task on my pc, game development have nothing in common with modding.

wonderfulmore
Don't even think about buying amd cpu or gpu if you are on intel or/and nvidia, only fanboys similar to apple or linux users (or just skimpy) keep argumenting without any proves. Knowledge is a power and there is no single reason to think about future rule of amd, no optimizations, no next gen, nothing at all.

*sensei*

@Boris,

Damn....

-----------------

Ok, I'll be straight with you. How much will it cost in $$ to resolve the issue for you. I'm serious. I'll charge it to my damn American Express. Consider it an early Xmas present. (100% serious)

Sorry, I'm a bit upset about this whole situation and would like to help instead of sitting here on my ass.

Edit:
ENBSeries wrote:because don't have place to live
Now I'm really confused....

*master*

Boris

That's why I advise you to take a look at the Windows XP Mode for Windows 7.
Your OS could start, and you could use this mode for software which don't support Windows 7.

It's from the Pro version of Seven. It's not build-in but can be downloaded freely.

*master*

Just a little info :

The new Nvidia "official" driver branch which will solve ENB issues is scheduled to July. Let's be a little patient.

*sensei*

Buying any hardware today involves a risk:P I been rather lucky but got a friend that bought alot "bad" parts,
he does alot video editing and ended up on a core 2 quad and he got a 8800 geforce from me that seem to work very well for him in that setup :>
Try avoid gfx cards that are first generation of their kind. 6xx is actually kinda 1st gen (or rather modified 5xx) , 5xx or 7xx would be "safer" I think :)
core2 motherboards was the last really stable from intel, i7 1st 2nd and 3rd got all their own little issues.
Intel will release new soon, im waiting for that one atm and hopeing for the best :>
mainstream GFX Drivers last years are mostly performance first stability after, u wont see geforce drivers roll back like quadro cause messed up driver:>
AMD and any type gfx card work well in consoles cause limits within the console and their games:>
Virtual PC or XP mode can work well for certain stuff that goes with cpu mainly, dont think it will go well with a gpu in the picture^^

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Bronze316
I don't know any solution which will work for my case. If i'll buy new motherboard+memory+cpu, then have big chance to stuck with hardware problems like many other users and as i was when tried to upgrade in december. You know, every thing now made to broke after warranty period and vendors don't hide that, i heard a lot of complains from pc/laptop repairers and from experienced users on thech forums. Of course in the past hardware issues with motherboards existed, but this was per chipsed, per vendor or known incompability between hardware components. About week ago i saw latest Asus motherboard for Haswell and it's specifications on their site, how surprised was me when found that they are proud to write about capacistors with 5000 hours (x2.5 as they say) live time. I'm not that idiot to buy such motherboard, if my current working 32460 hours from hdd's SMART statistics and don't have any issues with capacistors even visually (remember Epox?). I thought about buying laptop instead of pc, but display quality is awful and videocard is absolutely not for modding, they ask for something relatively good much more than pc hardware and again i'm risking with low quality + overheating, so this isn't solution (and how can i listen music with it? it's noisy and with horrible sound).

KuroTenshi
As i said, it's not work for my case, because don't have hardware acceleration, just virtual machine.

*master*

А, ну ладно.

*master*

Boris

I would be quite strange that no driver works under XP.
Well, It's your choice, but It's a pity.

*sensei*

Last edited by Rubber-De-Flubber on 25 May 2022, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

*sensei*

@Boris,

I see your point about the quality issues and life expectancy of components nowadays. I've been lucky in my lifetime and have only had a handful of devices fail on me before the warranty expired. I usually buy a lot of the parts from Newegg.com, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but they have a great service when it comes to returns/RMA's and warranties.

And by all means, we don't want you to lose those great tunes/music. 8-) I'm all out of suggestions, but we'll come back to this later.