ENBoost Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.203

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: ENBoost Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.203

Last edited by Rubber-De-Flubber on 25 May 2022, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.

ENBSeries wrote:In short, i'm in depression, don't know what to do and what the reason to fight without future, so to kill time i don't have much choice and working on mod.
Welcome in the club, but how can you say you got no future while being able to program like not many are able to?
Shouldn't that be good for something?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm glad I don't suffer from that particular ailment. That's tough to hear Boris. but it does put some things in a new light for me.

I sincerely hope you manage to make the best of it or even beat it. I've seen the strongest men and women felled by crippling depression, and that's never a pretty thing. I've almost never heard of someone recuperating through online communities though, as those things tend to suck out more of you than they give back, even though there are exceptions. It's probably of little worth to you at this point in time, but know that your work on ENB has brightened a large part of my free time in a way I had never expected. So thank you for that. I hope you overcome your depression. Maybe you need a moment away from all this? I'd hate it, but it could be to your benefit.

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

*sensei*

I never said that i wanted to pay you for your work, that's not how i am,
i simply said that if you make something i can use, i will donate that 50, simply because i appreciate it.

Like i did donate 20 to you for the ENB modification, i think that if someone puts lots of time in something that he deserves compensation of some kind.
I'm not so much interested in someone's motivation as to why he does something, i simply feel that if i can spare it and i use it a lot, i should atleast do something back.
I use all kinds of software, and when i use a particulair software a lot i always buy it, cause i know how much time goes into developing it cause i make software myself.
So it was merely me appreciating what you do for us, if you do not make the memory manager it's fine by me too, i do not really need it.

And i also said that i will donate some more for the ENB graphic mod when i have some to spare, cause i simply think you deserve it.

don't make more of it.

I'm sorry to hear that you are depressed, no one should be depressed, i've been there too, but i totally recovered from that, as i'm sure you will too.
I know that depression comes usually from what people believe in, so if you reprogram the way you think a bit, i'm sure you can get out of it.
Let me give you a tip, it's not a sin to appreciate the fact that some people want to give you some money for what you do.
It does not make you a bad person if you appreciate a donation, it comes from my heart, i'm not trying to buy you.

i hope you feel better soon Boris.

From a short test after i worked out the whole 0.194 then 0.203 from patches then the nexus download... it definitely seems to work. running on win 7, Intel Core i3 i3-330M(Dual Core), 4GB ram, 8gb VRAM allocated, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5145 vid card, on new vegas.

Compared to what i remember its pretty much Halved the memory usage, and seems to have improved framerate... running on a tiny laptop, no numberpad so i didn't have the key to show FPS, always used the shift-enter menu for that... but input response Definitely seemed faster.

And, while I'm here... Thank you, for making all these in the first place, let alone porting them back to games/engines you've said before are a real pain to work with. You've greatly improved my time with fallout And skyrim, and i'm sure that's true for every game you've done similar for. I wish you all the best, and hope your future turns out better than you ever could've imagined :)