Enhanced Lighting for ENB, updated 25 November-14

general download section

Which part of ELE will you be using? To see which I should spend more time on.

You may select up to 5 options

View results
  • Author

Re: Enhanced Lightning for ENB, updated 12/05

Just Joined to thank all involved. After skimming thru 60+ pages of this thread i have to say WOW the dedication is outstanding. JawZ you are doing a wonderful thing to Skyrim and good luck in School. Wish i had found this earlier in my Mod install Phase. As this is my 3rd run i started fresh but already had CoT and EL&FX installed. Both are now removed and i am going to try to install this with RS. Will need to start a new Game but no problem as i am just starting out!

I do have a little confusion on the "ELE-Skyrim Combined.esp.esp". I am re-packaging the download to be BAIN friendly for my use, (if ya want a copy no problem) its organized as you had it , Mostly...
Are all files from 00 Skyrim included in the Merge?
ELE-FX Effects Interior.esp
ELE-Interior Lighting.esp
ELE-Light Bulbs Exterior.esp
ELE-Light Bulbs Interior.esp
ELE-Weather Addition.esp
ELE-Weathers.esp

OR just the DLC stuff merged? And i would still need the files from above.
ELE DB-Interior Lighting.esp
ELE DG-Interior Lighting.esp
ELE DG-Light Bulbs Interior.esp
ELE HF-Interior Lighting.esp
Thanks again this looks like a great combination to go with ENB as i was having problems with interiors and lighting with "lights n FX" with ENB.

To be BAIN friendly, no folder can have a folder inside it unless its a game folder..IE: /Textures, /Docs, Also cant have loose files, so say for "55 Masser" needs a folder, /Textures then /Sky then the File goes insider the Sky folder, then Wrye Bash can install the file and track the conflicts. I have it mostly redone but waiting to hear what is in the merged file. All options are select-able in Bash.

Please don't take this as i am telling you how to do anything. This is not my intention. Thanks for the hard work.
Edit: cause PICS are easier to understand..lol
PIC http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee72 ... g~original Unrecognized by Wrye Bash
PIC http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee72 ... g~original Recognized

Sorry to sound stupid, but when installing the ele package you have the choice of the combined esp,does this combined esp have EVERYTHING the separate esp has,because tes5edit would suggest not,but im no expert.Thanks in advance and sorry to bother you.

EDIT:Just noticed the guy above is asking pretty much the same thing..sorry.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Since I know most folks are more likely to post when there is a problem versus none I wanted to take the time to say I am getting a lot of positive feedback from users with ELE and Grim and Somber.
... JawZ lighting looks really great. I like it very much, cause it doesn`t have as much consequences as ELFX.

... For me ELE looks great with your ENB, but that`s only my opinion.

... I´m not a visitor of Boris` forum, but if you meet JawZ there, please tell him: Mrs. Heidi is very pleased, and he has a new fan! :smile:
Those are PM's but also seen comments in my thread. I am using it although not heavily as I am trying to do most of my tweaking vanilla. So I only add it when I am doing core playing. I admit it does look nice. I am using it with RLS and sticking to interiors, FX, and torches.

*sensei*

JawZ
Thanks for the atmosphere.nif mesh and the EE Interior Lighting.esp file. I'm using ELFX
with EE Interior, and I put the EE Interior after ELFX. ELFX had a ceiling hole to the
MarkarthUnderStoneKeep cell, and enabled the "Show Sky" option. The EE Interior did not
have the "Show Sky" option enabled to match the vanilla setting, but the ELFX sunshine
through the ceiling no longer showing through. Here's the picture showing before and
after CK edit enabling "Show Sky", and the edited EE Interior without ELFX showed that area correctly.
If you are not planning to create a compatible EE Interior to ELFX, may I share this change through here?

EDIT: I just tried v49 EE Interior Lighting, and this one did show the sunshine coming through the open ceiling.
The v0.0.4 one that did not.

Last edited by skysan4298 on 22 Mar 2014, 07:38, edited 1 time in total.
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I will respond to all unanswered comment's later on (typing on a mobile phone now = pain in the *** typing) but thought I would let you guys know that I've made improvements in terms of compatability so the interior lighting modules will almost have no incompatabilities with any other type of mod out there. There will still be some incompatability but it has been significantly reduced compared to prior ELE module versions at least.

I might be able to reduce compatability issues with some of the other ELE modules as well, but so far it's just a "hunch" as I have not made any practical confirmation on such improvements.

*sensei*

JawZ
I don’t know if an “upgrade” instruction was given already, but I think the EEIL needs one.
When I loaded a game save with the v0.0.4 EEIL on vecka49, I got this sun alpha issue.
When I loaded a game save without the EEIL mod on vecka49, I didn’t get this issue.
I had to do the “load without EEIL and save” step to load the save on vecka49.
I didn’t see an “upgrade” instruction on the first page or on vecka49 link, so hope my
experimenting all morning would help the others.
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

--JawZ-- wrote:I will respond to all unanswered comment's later on (typing on a mobile phone now = pain in the *** typing) but thought I would let you guys know that I've made improvements in terms of compatability so the interior lighting modules will almost have no incompatabilities with any other type of mod out there. There will still be some incompatability but it has been significantly reduced compared to prior ELE module versions at least.

I might be able to reduce compatability issues with some of the other ELE modules as well, but so far it's just a "hunch" as I have not made any practical confirmation on such improvements.
Looking forward to this update, I wonder if I should wait to create my conflict resolution patch then. Is the interior lighting module update coming out soon (no rush, just curious)?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TehKaoz;

The load order will still apply with the new modules.

Example;
ELFX.esp (And any other light bulb altering mod or cell content)
ELE-InteriorLighitng.esp + DLC.esp files

The conflicts that will be resorted are with mods who alters cell menu, cell content directly, like SoS for instance.
That patch will not be needed with the new patch as far as I can remember of what the compatability issue is with the currently released ELE-InteriorLighitng.esp.

It will take a lot longer than what it took to create the base of the current Interior Lighting modules as I need to actually go inside each cell instead of just going inside the cell menu and alter the selected Imagespace and Lighting Template.
With my current work progression it will take 1-2 weeks to complete it for release without taking into consideration the numerous amount of possible for delays.

Thanks for input --JawZ--
Look forward to the update and take all the time you need! :D

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, so just thought I would introduce myself :D

Also I wanted to ask if anyone could tell me the proper ELE mods to install? I'm going to be using Project ENB along with COT, and was wondering if there was a way to use ELFX, Relighting Skyrim and ELE together? I've been going over all the mod pages for those mods for like the last 8 hours straight, grinding my gears trying to figure out which combo of those mods would work together ... and now my brain hurts lol. I'm not new to modding, actually I have a couple of mod projects in the works, but ENB stuff always seemed to be a lot more complicated. And I can't seem to wrap my head around it. I've seen some gorgeous pics from people using CoT, ELE, RS, and ELFX together, but not one of them cared to share exactly how they accomplished that lovely feat lol. So if anyone would care to put me out of my misery and perhaps point me in the right direction, I would be most humbly grateful :D .