Skyrim: Face Body Help

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Skyrim: Face Body Help

Evening Gentlemen,
I'm wondering what body and face mods the ENB community recommends for best ENB performance. I've been using Dream Girl and Sevenbase. With both the Real Girl and SG Textures. But I've been running into a lighting issue in regards to the face.

At least that's what I assume. I spent days trying the various methods to rid the grey face bug. Ctrl F4 method. Using the console command set scale 1. Changing NPC weight, Changing NPC weight followed by disable enable and save and reload. All sorts of voodoo. One day I happened to turn off my ENB to show a friend the difference in quality of the vanilla game and enb enhanced game. When the ENB turned off the face and body matched. Turned it back on and back to dark face. Then I traveled to several locations paying close attention to my companions and the darkness also seemed to be affected by different environments.

I've messed around a little with SSS group and the Object and Environment since trying to find a balance.

I suspect that it's something to do with the body or textures I'm using and the way the light interacts. Or perhaps the head.nif is pointing towards the wrong textures, I use Mod Organizer to load all my files.

I checked all through the topics here and haven't found anything regarding the darker face besides what seems to be one comment on the newer SSS effects. Everything works on ENB like a dream. So I am now looking at the body.

Any links toward methods to either fix the textures myself, youtube vids, websites, and the like would be greatly appreciated.

I have seen that some of you use XCE's head, I've tried it in the past but it seemed to make the problem worse rather than better. I'm not ruling out user error on my part here.

Thanks,

Edit: Current Enb .252 with the Latest AEON with Medium Settings. I've also used Somber in the past.
Have the STEP mods set up using the lowest textures and am not using any lighting mods whatsoever. Other than the facelight mod which I just installed to see if it helped the issue. It helped some but didn't remove it all together.
Nvidia EVGA GeForce Titan Black

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim: Face Body Help

Try to ask in gallery thread.

Well, I use my own custom ENB, but I know what you're talking about.
It was caused by a mod (unfortunately I forget which one).

As for character model textures, I use UNP, and Real Girl.
Neat trick with Real Girl: Use 2K diffuse textures combined with the 4K normals textures. You end up with something like THIS.

I'll try to find which mod it was that caused that dark-face-light-body effect, since it's still on my hard drive.

Edit:
Are you using XVision Children? It adds textures to adults, too.
Try TK Children instead.

XVision Children:

TK Children:

I noticed the discolored faces went away after uninstalling XVision Children, then installing TK Children.
The above screenshots demonstrate that TK Children looks more natural, with the added benefit of not messing-up the adult faces.
Here's a NPC with TK Children installed in lieu of XVision.
Here's Lydia with TK Children installed in lieu of XVision.

*sensei*

Every body part should have a set of 4 testures: texturename.dds, texturename_msn.dds, texturename_s.dds, texturename_sk.dds.
Check that a set you install has all four of them for each bodypart, or you will see seams of all kinds.
If something is missing(for example *hand_sk), you can take a full set of _sk textures from the other texture pack, and replace all the _sk's you have with this full set.

A full set of body textures consists of 12 textures: 4*body, 4*hands and 4*head.
Another problem is with hands. Around 50% of races, companions, NPC mods have wrong texture set for hands(texture path defined inside .esp/.esm file). The problem here is no path to hands_sk.dds is specified, and it causes a seam between hands and all other body even if you have the correct textures installed.
Last edited by Uriel24 on 09 Apr 2014, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.

Uriel, Goatroach, Gentlemen, I can't thank you enough. Looks like it was a mixture of the two. Had Xvision going and also I didn't have a complete set of body, hands, or head. I still have some tinkering to do here, but it's an amazing difference from what I was seeing. Thanks so much.

http://imgur.com/NHDnehR

I'll have to look into loading some of those companion mods up in the CK and seeing if I can rectify that.

I appreciate the time, and apologize if this was in an inappropriate forum, Boris.
Nvidia EVGA GeForce Titan Black