TES Skyrim 0.251

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.251

Hi Boris,
Is the worldspaceid the same thing as the strings that I posted in my code example? Also, I'm not sure why someone would want to mix the weatherID with the worldspaceId. Does weather affect interiors? Even if it does in some dungeons where you can see outside, I would still rather have interior customization than proper interior weathers. Just my humble opinion of course.
thanks!

*sensei*

But when important setting for you, for stability reason, then perhaps it's important for others as well ;) I thought SKSE/Sheson's work on the memory management was build around the assumption ENBoost is used. O well, I dont mind, I only tweak hlsl files... I dont need stability as long as my game loads. I'm hardly knowledgable on this whole memory feature... but saw the shitstorm this actually amazing feature received on release because of people messing up their settings, I think its a slippery ground...

I would of waited for at least a Beta release of new SKSE before removing features which are either not used or show incompatibilities which cannot be solved in another way, but in any case require investigation by both parties. Just a tiny handful (or was it actually just that 1 guy who complained?) having problems is just an extremely tiny % of the total userbase, and SKSE is alpha...

Just my 2 cents, nothing to offend or anything :)

Just wanted to throw my name into the list of people that haven't had any issue whatsoever with the previous .251 and the SKSE alpha.

I would just like to say, that i havent had any issue with 251 and skse alpha or the normal skse.

Noob-Question:Does "Removed ExpandSystemMemoryX64" mean, that skyrim can not use more than 3.1 gb ram anymore?

There is a registry setting for MEM_TOP_DOWN, but applies for all programs and thus may cause certain non LAA programs to fail.

*sensei*

Well, I sure am glad I got v0.251 before that feature was removed. Kind of essential, I really hope it comes back. Can't imagine gutting such a work of art just because some retarded noob can't figure out what an alpha release is, or post problems with SKSE to the SKSE thread on the Bethesda forums... Still seems like a bad reason so I imagine it will return once the annoying sound of noob has subsided.

I'll try ELE though it seems like a lot of .ESP files to add to an already packed load order. It seems like a good idea though I still think some form of template system would be a good way to go too, since I can get each of these environments PERFECT using ENB and shader settings alone, just not all interiors simultaneously.

I also had no issues by using the 251 .dll together with SKSE alpha or the SSME .dll (shesons memory patch in a binary) and ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true. I just read through the thread and most people seem to be fine with it too. My guess is that something with their system is messed up and the combination of the memory allocation stuff brings this problem up. :roll:
But I can imagine that I would get frustrated too if people don't know what they are doing and blame my work. Still hoping you will reenable the feature as it might be important for some of the users, same as yourself.

Phinix, if you just want ELE to edit the interior imagespaces (which it the most compatible with other lighting mods) you just need the three ELE interior .esp's (if you got Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLC). There is a link on prod80's Serenety ENB preset description page on the nexus. I am using those three (together with ELFX without enhancer.esp) and I must agree, they make a nice diffrence when tweaking a preset for a realistic look for me. But I don't know if those are all JawZ had in mind.

*sensei*

ELE is shared through ENB Dev mate ;) check the download section of the forum... I just did a direct link.

@all just did some testing with new 251, there's no issues to report without this feature available for enboost. Simply try it, works just fine. People are just starting all kind of (flame war) threads everywhere (again) about it being removed (which I was afraid of) without actually just loading the game without the feature enabled.

Well, of course. People will do stupid things because people do stupid things.

Also just because ENB Series / Boost version numbers start with 0 doesn't really mean anything. Software is well tested at this point. By the time Boris reaches 1.0 he will have Skyrim made out of ray-traced voxels.

*sensei*

Boris
Ok, I spoke too soon, I get some exterior CTD on game loads on test saves that I have to setup my ENB (Riverwood, Falkreath, Dark Brotherhood forest area, Rorikstead... generally heavy loaded area's) which I can open with the previous 251 which has the expanded memory feature. I also get CTD going through those area's now because the game runs out of memory... 3.1GB and gone it is... :(

I cant be bothered to switch to some alpha release of SKSE, actually I can't be bothered by SKSE at all...

Using Win7 x64