TES Skyrim 0.251

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.251

The only thing i can try to do with dungeons is worldspaceid specific changes, this is similar to weatherid. But there is no way to mix weatherid and worldspaceid.

offtopic: regarding FF14, i'm playing it quests and main story (almost done everything), but i see huge difference between players like me or those who wasted a lot of time there and doing stupid things. Those players are exactly that kind i hate and they present the nature of mmo freaks. Selfish idiots who have no life and don't even try to help anybody in the game as they think they are so cool that don't need to bother with anyone else.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Removed ExpandSystemMemoryX64 parameter because of incompatibility with some SKSE alpha version setting and SKSE plugins with it. Who think it's my bug, go fuck yourself.

Removed ExpandSystemMemoryX64 parameter because of incompatibility with some SKSE alpha version setting and SKSE plugins with it.
This seems like you're throwing the "baby out with the bath water", so to speak. A number of users have already told you the feature presents no issue with the public SKSE alpha and ENB .251. Surely the better solution is to leave the feature included, since you've already implimented a configuration option to disable it, due to the long-standing history it has... alongside the multiple benefits you've repeated to us, time and time again.
nature of mmo freaks. Selfish idiots who have no life and don't even try to help anybody in the game as they think they are so cool that don't need to bother with anyone else.
Couldn't it be that they help the people they are more familiar with? Or they have a history of other people placing assumptions on other players that are bundled with insults, and thus try to avoid parts of the community? Or even still : Why does it have to be "think they are so cool" instead of "Maybe they have a difficult time interacting with people. Similar interests in the game, but different maturity levels."
Who think it's my bug, go fuck yourself.
Wow.

Tell you what: I'll decompile the previous .251, review the assembly code, and let you know if I come across something specific that has caused the issue with a few members of this forum. Hopefully it's something as simple as a race condition. There doesn't always have to be "fault" blamed, much like two people reaching for the same glass. No one's fault or bug. Just a possible incompatibility. Either way, I'll make sure to let you know what I find upon code review.

Thankfully, I wrapped up my last Ida/Hex-Rays/Ollydbg project and that means the workstation is already in place! The sooner there's clarity, the sooner everyone can be happy!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Don't waste time, the code is:

Code: Select all

DWORD	alloctype=flAllocationType;
	if (
		(flAllocationType==MEM_RESERVE)
		&& (flProtect==PAGE_READWRITE)
		&& (lpAddress==0)
		&& (dwSize>=(1024))
		)
	{
		alloctype|=MEM_TOP_DOWN;
	}

ENBSeries wrote:Don't waste time, the code is:

Code: Select all

DWORD	alloctype=flAllocationType;
	if (
		(flAllocationType==MEM_RESERVE)
		&& (flProtect==PAGE_READWRITE)
		&& (lpAddress==0)
		&& (dwSize>=(1024))
		)
	{
		alloctype|=MEM_TOP_DOWN;
	}
Thanks so much! Going to pour over SKSE tonight and review any possible collisions. Try as I might, I can not reproduce the error the other poster experienced.

Who knows, maybe there's something simple involved like a pointer collision (or worse, an unforseen compiler 'optimization'). Strange things occur when C steps into the ring.

Edit: Side thought - let me take this opportunity to thank you for hard work and tremendous quality of life you've brought thousands of people to their games. You're a fascinating individual and I bet your code-style preferences are a work of rational art. A bit rough around the edges, and harsh at times, but hey - ASM and C eat away at a person's soul. We're left with so little patience after thousands upon millions of CALLs and TESTs that infest our dreams like a Lovecraftian orgy.

I've had zero issues with 0.250/0.251 and SKSE Alpha. In fact, I've never had any crashes originate from ENB Series. If there are some reproducible compatibility issues on your system then report it to SKSE devs seeing as that is the ALPHA software you are TESTING.

Anyway, thanks Boris for all your hard work on ENB Series.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Same here, not one single issue, ever.
Personally, I wouldn't have removed it entirely, just my opinion, Boris. ;)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Off Topic;

For those of you talking about interior customization between cells and also talking about ELE I have created my ELE modules to allow easy and fairly precise customization by assigning entirely new imagespaces, lighting templates and light bulbs based on where they are placed.

I named Imagespaces, Lighting Templates and Light Bulbs according to the cell they inhabit and for an example Whiterun oriented stuff has been named;
"Whiterun_Int_LT" for Lighting Templates that assigned to Whiterun Interiors. If it was a dungeon cell it would have a "Dun" instead of the "Int" acronym. They aren't named exactly that but in a similar manner, I don't have my Game PC at my disposal currently and I can't recall the exact name tag for the Imagespaces, Lighting Templates and Light Bulbs now.
With this approach an end user can quite simply adjust specific parts of the games interior lighting by going in the CK and adjusting the imagespaces that is assigned to for instance Whiterun interiors or Windhelm dungeons without affecting any other area.

I've also made it possible to allow for some code effects to only take effect for Dungeon interior types by "fetching" a unique value assigned to an interior cells imagespace.

Example code;
if (_c3.z == 1.000001)
{
*effect code*
}

The above effect code will only be active once you are in an interior cell that has a Contrast value of 1.000001 which I have personally assigned to all dungeon classed interior cells throughout the main Skyrim game content and all it's DLC's

This feature is not in the current release however and will be available in the next full suite upload of ELE.

*sensei*

Not sure why removing good working function because 1 user cannot solve own issues with SKSE... :[ as far as I'm concerned ENBoost functionality greatly outclasses the memory features of SKSE, I dont want to use SKSE for memory features, only for script extension what its is suppose to do. I don't believe this is the right approach... but who am I.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well, ExpandSystemMemoryX64 is good only for certain things and when memory manager enabled, it almost useless. For me it's very important feature for stability, even with 2gb x86 winxp.