TES Skyrim 0.111 KAGE

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.111 KAGE

Better quality means more detailed shadow, so more data computed in the eye hole. And i told that game problem, i can't solve it, use creation kit to make eyes drawed as non transparent objects.

*master*

Ok, thanks for having answered. I understand now what you mean about transparent eyes.
What about the sun rays? It's progressing like you want? :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I can't do them now, because can't detect sun for sure (moons and sun drawed the same), rays will be bad if to use light direction the same as it now, which moves discrete (noticable on shadows). So, i want to correct to sun sprite, which smoothly moves on the sky (but it exist in the night and don't go undeground, funny).

*master*

There is settings in skyrim.ini for set how is update the sun and shadow in time. I suppose you know that. By decrease these it's become totally smooth. But will also add calculations I suppose.
It's would be great if you make it properly smooth.

For detect the sun, it's seems that the sunglare effect is applied only on it, not on moon. So maybe you could use the same type of detection that the game do for activate the sunglare?

*master*

What if you would also make rays for the moon? Just waaaay weaker ones ^^

CPU: i7 3770K @ 3,4 GHz (3,9 GHz with Turbo); RAM: Corsair 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz; GPU: Asus GTX 980 Strix; Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Pro 3; SSD: Samsung 830 128 GB; HDD: 2 TB

*master*

I would love have moonrays too ! :D
The rays will be customizable (settings) I suppose?

EDIT:
Boris, do you do new versions of the .fx files or not? (when updating d3d9.dll) If I use old .fx files with the new version of d3d9.dll (0.111 KAGE), do I lose some features/bugs corrections/anything? I really worry about that.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm very rare modify .fx files with result of incompability, most changes are only new features added.
And how to make shadow not to be such discrete while moving? I don't want to spend time to program code which not required.

*master*

I re-tested before answering. So I'm sure about it.

In Skyrim.ini:

fSunShadowUpdateTime=0 // This is the time that the shadow will take for moving from the last update position to the new update position. So 0 is for instant updating.
fSunUpdateThreshold=0.5 // This is the delay for updating. 0.5 is huge, like 50s? 0.0001 wil make it update constantly.

Probleme is the quality of the shadows. With 0 for Time and 0.0001 for Threshold all the shadows will flickering like hell!

Each time it's update, there is "a flicker".
What I did for my game is the opposite. It's a lot more "eyes kindly". So it's 0 and 0.5. During something like 50s the shadow are OK, no flickering. Then instantly it's update to the new position. And because it's instantaneous, I almost don't notice it at all, because I am playing! :D

I recommend to do it like me for this cause. Or to totally change how it's work and the quality of the shadows and of the update.

Hope this could help you. :D
Last edited by Insane Jack on 18 May 2012, 05:38, edited 1 time in total.

Boris:

You posted this on Bethesda forums that I decided to try out. Tried also with the added false setting for Sky. It seems that indeed the parallax fix and the shadows etc still work with these settings, but it appears that SSAO and DOF did not. Any ideas, or any additional info you need for troubleshooting?
UseOriginalPostProcessing=true
UseOriginalObjectsProcessing=true

EnableBloom=false
EnableAdaptation=false
if i not forgot something, then even ssao, depth of field, shadows will work. Don't remember, but perhaps SkyEnable=false also need to be set.

Hello! I am reporting an issue with your parallax mapping fixes. I am on an ATI card (I do have the shaderinput folder installed correctly from the parallax mod), though I have a new NVidia card coming in next week :D

Anyway, the issue is that sometimes (VERY rarely), the entire texture will move. I took a video to show the effect (it's visible on the lower part of the wall):

http://youtu.be/PINxYFNTuGc?hd=1

http://youtu.be/EPAcZqiutIQ?hd=1