Enhanced Lighting for ENB, updated 25 November-14

general download section

Which part of ELE will you be using? To see which I should spend more time on.

You may select up to 5 options

View results
  • Author

Re: Enhanced Lightning for ENB, updated 12/05

Oh and I was wondering if I could post your sky mesh as an optional download for my speed and stability guide on nexus. Giving all credits to you, of course.

i think that the MCM menu would only be of use if you were considering not offering the esp's individually from each other and only offering the merged esp with all of your modules. personally i wouldn't bother but ultimately it is up to you.

any update on your progress?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

To All;
Having just one set of imagespaces and perhaps Lighting Templates / Weather values might not be that big of a whoop for an ENB user, a non ENB user would however benefit from this, but separating into the same amount of groups as I have done inside the Creation Kit will however allow a much easier user customization of for instance specific interior cells and/or weathers.
The reason was not just for ENB users but for non ENB users as well as I think of those users as well.

First and foremost this is a mod to be used with ENB but it is not intended to make none ENB use worthless but improved as well, which a highly customizable MCM Menu option would bring into the none ENB user community.

Aiyen;
It will not be in development until I have "finished" at least the new Interior Lighting modules, when that is done I will start experimenting with MCM Menu implementation to see what I can "get away with and how much" meaning how much I can separate the controls and what controls I can make adjustable.

And MCM Menu scripting would mean something new to learn while developing it, not that I have excelled in any of the other scripting languages but I'm a bit tired of the process which in it's basics terms are the same, make something look better by adding some effect code that alters the image this and that way, having a bit of variation on how to do that makes it well less tiresome and kind of more fun to work with.

I always welcome any help and ideas, some might however be undoable for some reason, most common and expected reason I would imagine is the engine limitations however.

Strigvir;
There is no current way of making changes to individual interior cells with ENB, this MCM Menu, the way I have planned it atleast, will allow such adjustments to be done in-game with ease compared to going into the Creation Kit.

mashani;
I can't make a mod that does not cause any sort of incompatibility, that is just how it is and I won't limit myself in feature implementation just so a user can have it a bit easier when installing mods. I'm not saying that I don't try to strive for as good as at it can get compatibility but I also don't see a point in spending hours, days, weeks even months checking up on possible mods that conflict with some changes ELE introduces, too much variables. When user enters the modding scene he or she will just have to start learning how to work around certain mod compatability problems, it's simply a part of the modding which can't be ignored.

My Light bulb mod only consist of entirely newly created light bulbs and no vanilla light bulbs, those have been moved outside of each cell and deactivated, exterior light bulbs have of course not been moved out of the exterior cell but just placed at a higher height and deactivated.
Using any other light bulb mod along with ELE- Light Bulbs is not something I recommend doing at least not without going over both light bulbs mod and delete changes done in each.

Madpaddy;
Thanks for the upload I will have a look at it and see if it is the one I'm missing.

Also thanks for the search tool but I rather not use any search tool that creates a "library" of where these and those files are placed, I have deactivated windows search function to minimize unnecessary files being created for that reason. I rather go with a proper organized folder structure where I can easily and intuitively find the files I'm looking for, it's just a tedious work load to set it up like that but worth it once done and maintained.

Sigurd44;

Glad to see people doing these comparisons and sharing links to the respective galleries. Allows for a far better overview of different mods working together when it comes from multiple sources/users.

the ELE RS Light Color module is in need of an update and the default vanilla imagespaces has very weird color channel manipulations going on, night is one good example of that, a black and white color scheme more or less.

tony971;
Those edits does not impact the game in a bad way, there are a few that I have been planning on looking into more closely to see how it affects the game in general to see if they are worth adding but none of the conflicts are bug fixes they are mostly just aesthetically more pleasing visually and auditory for the user who created USKP.

I don't see how my mesh would fit into your Speed and Stability guide as my mesh doesn't do anything like that, it's a visual bug fix. From my own perspective I would stick to adding mods that actually enhances the performance of the game and/or make it more stable, like linking to the Project Optimization mod, as an example.

LordDorian402;
I have made a new improved Sky mesh but before I upload I will make another new one that is vanilla shaped but with better a gradient that reduces the gradient banding of colors, "color ripples". Those two will be the only mesh options from me, I think, in future releases. One being the default which is the new improved and 3D edited mesh and the other one will be the Improved Vanilla mesh with no 3D edits just banding reduced features.
So tomorrow if nothing else comes up I will release the new Sky meshes separately along with a new NMM Installer for users to test out before I upload the latest ELE Suite update.

To All;
I'm sorry if the responses feels to not be a properly response to your questions but I wrote this while having my teacher looking over my shoulder = fast skimming through the comments and fast typing responses to quickly get back to work.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ok here is another idea that is somewhat related to lighting but will most likely be a separate mod entirely. Staves that gives of light with proper light source.

Example;
A fire type staff will have some sort of fire sprouting out from the top of the staff and emit light like a torch, think of Gandalf and his staff in the movies and the effect that had.
Been wanting to start a new proper play through very soon of Skyrim (after more than 2 years of just modding) and I'm a sucker for mage characters so wanted to remove the need for a torch when playing a mage.

I should really start a new topic for all ideas I have going on :P

True, JawZ. I really just want that mesh to have more exposure. It's brilliantly done. Being hidden away on page 60 something of a forum seems like a waste. I hope you'll release it to Nexus yourself one day.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Once I've finished the improved vanilla mesh the download links for the meshes will be at the first page of this thread and perhaps if enough people think it would be worth adding it to nexus I might consider adding it as a separate mod on nexus.

But thanks for wanting to bring my mods into light sort of speak, I appreciate that you find my work that good.

oh i misunderstood what you were talking about with the MCM menu. if that is your goal that would be a much easier and streamlined way of creating, installing, and using your mod, from a players point of view. however would be an immense amount of work to create and test all of the different templates and combinations to make sure they all work together.

but would probably end up being one of the top 10 skyrim mods of all time. in my opinion.

already top 10 on my list keep up the good work.

cant wait to check out the new sky mesh, have you created any new sunglare textures? the one i am using has some banding.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I hope it will end up like that at least, being easier to get a hold of setsings and being able to do them in game would surpass imaginator and the old RLWC otgether with the amount of finte tuning my mod would bring instead of settings applied everywhere. Yeah I know but it's not something that I will put on the top of the to do list any time soon though.
For interior if possible the menu would be Interior Lighting > Imagespace or Lighting Template > all of the types of different locations > settings for the IS or LT, I hope it can be done like that otherwise it will end up being a very long list to go through.

Thanks for the vote of confidence there LordDorian402 ;)

I'll upload the new default ELE mesh now on the front page and update it later on with the optimized vanilla mesh.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

--MOD UPDATE--

Released and uploaded one of the new sky meshes, the default ELE version

New sky mesh features
  • Fixes the gradient banding to almost a non existing factor.
  • The different sky sections Horizon, Middle and Top have been aligned to more of a vanilla look, horizon is almost as high as in vanilla so no real loss there.
  • Includes the feature of removing the seam between horizon and water planes or "sea planes" which can be seen in the distant.
  • The need for fine tuning Horizon, Middle and Top individually is gone, adjust the GradientIntensity and you'll have a smooth and proper increase in intensity for the whole sky, depending on how good the different weathers RGB color values have been assigned.
Download Link - New Sky mesh

*Rename the nif to only atmosphere.nif instead of atmosphere_New Optimized.nif
*Place the atmosphere.nif file in the sky folder -> C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\sky

Re: Enhanced Lightning for ENB, updated 5 June-14

Hi Jawz, thanks for the new mesh. Do we need to change the name of it to atmosphere.nif ? Or leave it as you have it ? atmosphere_New Optimized.nif.

Thanks
MM