TES Skyrim 0.251

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.251

number6
Is the worldspaceid the same thing as the strings that I posted in my code example? Also, I'm not sure why someone would want to mix the weatherID with the worldspaceId. Does weather affect interiors? Even if it does in some dungeons where you can see outside, I would still rather have interior customization than proper interior weathers. Just my humble opinion of course.
You can see weatherid in interiors in statistics of the mod. Depending from it every location looks different, obviously.

keithinhanoi
When you say "memory manager" are you talking about:

1. Your ENBoost dynamic memory allocation features using enbhost.exe (enabled with speedhack=true & ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true in enblocal.ini)
....or...
2. Your alternative video memory manager (enabled with DisableDriverMemoryManager=true in enblocal.ini)
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage is my memory manager.

Tuoni
This parameter do not modify size of memory blocks, it just defragment memory.

Aleksandr
Before people spend ages doing something that might be a complete waste of time, how many people are actually reporting problems with ESMx64 and SKSE 1.7A? Is it just that one guy in this thread? Because if so, then it's that guy who should be doing the testing.
Well, you right. But i got a lot of reports with skse alpa, similar to previous regarding my own bugs. Also i have issues with ECE, it not work when executing "showracemenu" with ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true and SKSE alpha. Maybe it's incompatible with SKSE and require update, don't know.
Boris had no need to remove it at all, having an off switch anyone can use ( false setting )
It was false by default. And what? Doesn't matter, the same as users do set memory size 16384 and other bullshit.

pangallosr
Good find. But DisableDriverMemoryManager depends from videocard model/vendor and OS.

keithinhanoi
Changing DisableDriverMemoryManager to false means you're now using your video card driver's memory manager, instead of the video memory manager that Boris made.
No, it's different. I'm handling only part of the video memory management, in most cases driver developers know better way how to allocate resources (but amd driver developers are awful, check out papers about decompiling drivers), compared to 10 years old directx9. If DisableDriverMemoryManager=true, dx9 handling part of resource allocations and it use for that not very nice obsolette functions.

Madpaddy
I also found another strange thing, don't know if anybody else has it, but if UseProceduralCorrection= is set to true my game will load fine to the start screen but will crash if loading or starting a new game.
Anyone else have this?

To all
I can't restore ExpandSystemMemoryX64, this is not my bug, but the other code which is incompatible. The game itself, skse plugins or something else - i don't know, this is hard to find. Seems one of classic bugs when LAA enabled for software which not designed for it. If you want this to be back, do the tests which mods produce issue, ask authors to fix, then it will be done, i'll restore it.

Btw, ExpandSystemMemoryX64 do not affect stuttering and performance (at least to be noticable in game), if it do, something is very wrong. The difference is just how memory blocks aligned and where. With crappy game memory management it do the trick by splitting different memory allocation functions to not produce heavy fragmentation when they are used together (fragmentation of RAM is not the same as HDD, read articles).

I'm using V 251 (before the removal of ExpandSystemMemoryX64) together with SKSE alpha 1.7 and ECE. No real problem, I'm getting CTD sometimes, but I think it's related to me messing poorly with meshes in NifSkope than anything else. When I'm not messing with these, it's stable for hours.

Setup :
ENB : V251 (02/17 build, ExpandSystemMemoryX64 enabled with Serenity ENB v6
GTX 670 (2GB), GeForce 332.21 WHQL. No overclocking
SKSE 1.7 with the following plug ins

SKSE runtime: initialize (version = 1.7.0 09200000 01CF35C7C7B09796, os = 6.1 (7601))
imagebase = 00400000
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\CellStabilizer.dll (00000001 Player Physics 00000001) loaded correctly
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\CharacterMakingExtender_plugin.dll (00000001 ExCharGen plugin 0000002E) loaded correctly
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\DCF_plugin.dll (00000001 DCF_plugin 00000004) loaded correctly
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\Fuz Ro D'oh.dll (00000001 Fuz Ro D'oh 06018195) loaded correctly
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\Nitpick.dll (00000001 Nitpick 06018195) loaded correctly
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\showRaceMenu_preCacheKiller.dll (00000001 ShowRaceMenu preCacheKiller plugin 00000001) loaded correctly
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\SKSE_Elys_AltF4.dll (00000001 SKSE_Elys_AltF4 01000000) loaded correctly
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\Smart Souls.dll (00000001 Smart Souls 09018195) loaded correctly
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\towConversation.dll (00000001 F2F DLL 00000001) loaded correctly

SKSE.ini
[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
Enable=1
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=512

SKESE.log
overriding memory pool sizes
default heap = 768MB (effective 512MB if not preloading animations)
scrap heap = 256MB

*sensei*

Maybe Boris got that w/o showRaceMenu_preCacheKiller plugin?

I should also probably post my [MEMORY] settings...
And also, 8GB computer on Win 7, Intel i7-3770@3.5 GHz

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=64
VideoMemorySizeMb=2048
;VRAM + RAM - 2048 / max value 10240
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true

@Uriel24 - My thoughts exactly.

Since Sheson brought attention those two allocated blocks of memory which can be set higher using his patch code, it has been confirmed that opening the racemenu in-game causes block 1 usage to jump up.

Sheson has recommended using the showRaceMenu preCacheKiller SKSE plugin to avoid CTDs (which would be due to block 1 usage going over whatever initial allocation you've set using his patch code.)

However, I'm not sure if Boris is making use of sheson's memory patch fix?

@Boris
ENBSeries wrote:ReduceSystemMemoryUsage is my memory manager.
Thanks for clarifying that, very helpful.
ENBSeries wrote:
keithinhanoi wrote:Changing DisableDriverMemoryManager to false means you're now using your video card driver's memory manager, instead of the video memory manager that Boris made.
No, it's different. I'm handling only part of the video memory management, in most cases driver developers know better way how to allocate resources (but amd driver developers are awful, check out papers about decompiling drivers), compared to 10 years old directx9. If DisableDriverMemoryManager=true, dx9 handling part of resource allocations and it use for that not very nice obsolette functions.
Also thanks. But just to make sure:

If DisableDriverMemoryManager=false then there are no changes to the installed video driver's video memory management,

and with DisableDriverMemoryManager=true then your code changes just some parts of video memory management by telling directx9 to handle some obsolete (and maybe crash-prone) resource allocations.

- right?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I got a slightly crazy idea and I'm wondering if anyone has tried it yet before I spend a bunch of time testing. For those who are having crashes and ILS without ExpandSystemMemory=true, have any of you tried increasing the size of the memory blocks? Boris says that the parameter defragments memory and I'm wondering if similar stability could be achieved with a larger first memory block. Since the parameter doesn't seem to be coming back anytime soon now I'm looking for workarounds and this occurred to me as a possibility. It could be I'm simply crazy too... I'll probably give it a go to see what I find, but I'm more curious about the results of others with perhaps less heavily modded games than my own, or less script heavy (I have many script heavy mods. Never could have run this before ENBoost and sheson's patch).

Joined here to say ...Thank you !!

Been playing Skyrim since day of release. When mods started to get released i was adding them till the Game engine couldn't handle it any more. I then back off on the amount of mods so i could remain stable.

Plain and simple you and Sheason fixed it. I can now play with more mods installed , more textures, with ENB, the memory patch, and ENBoost the game is stable, and down right GORGEOUS!! Lets not take my word for it...
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee72 ... g~original

I have never had Skyrim put up numbers like this ..ever! 9 GB RAM in USE (6.6 to the GAME) and 2.6 GB on the GPU and as you can see PrecisionX is working (always has, even with ENB) users have to know how to run a computer....

Thank you! Thank you! :D

*master*

I really don't understand why Boris cares more about alpha version's users than about the others !

Stopped updating enb because of CTDs coming back.
Asus P8Z77-V, G.Skill TridentX 2x4go PC3-19200 CL9, Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz), Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 WindForce 3x OC(335.23), Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128go+500Go 7200RPM SATA III, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, Windows 8.1 Pro x64, The Grim and Somber ENB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Especially ECE/Charactermakingextender people should finally move completely over to Racemenu/Chargen and the ECE authors tktk1/kapaer as well :(

It is far from good to have 2 solutions that try todo the same thing instead of combining the knowledge of both, but expired sees no chance of this synergy happening because of different core ideas @ how to achieve things it's a pain :(

Especially im pretty sure that expired does some pretty solid coding where about ECE im not sure the feature stuff often goes @ the price of stability, and not to speak about the awefull ECE usability part without making use of Skyui.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*sensei*

A question on the multiple weather ini files in the enbseries directory.
I tweaked the MIST section for the Riften fog weather and few tweaks from a couple of the other sections. When I just put those few and the MIST section, ENB generated a complete list of other sections with default values instead of using the tweaked enbseries.ini for those were missing in the Riften fog weather file. Why doesn't ENB use the tweaked enbseries.ini file for those missing from the weather file?
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE